What is a Learning Community?
Learning Communities are connected courses that share common themes, activities, and assignments to create an
enriched learning opportunity for students. Since the courses are linked, students take these classes as a cohort, which
provides faculty and students opportunity to work and learn together.
Why Should I Join a Learning Community?
- You’ll get the support of a team of professors and a community of fellow students in Learning Community courses.
- You’re more likely to fulfill your academic goals of transferring from a community college to a four-year university
and of graduating from the university than traditional students.
- You’re more likely to get better grades in your courses—even in courses which aren’t part of the Learning Community.
- You’re more likely to be actively involved in campus life and activities.
- Many report that they enjoy their college
experience more and feel they get more out of it than traditional students.
What Learning Communities can I join for Fall 2023?