The Guardian Scholars Program is an educational program designed to assist and support current and former Foster Youth in their transition into Santiago Canyon College and as they graduate or transfer to a four-year university. Our program is committed to the success of our Foster Youth students inside and outside the classroom.
We invite you to make a donation to the
Guardian Scholars Program!
Program benefits include:
- Assistance in completing college entrance forms
- New Student Orientation
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Assistance in finding on-campus jobs
- Workshops designed to ensure success in college and careers
- Friendship and support
- Bus passes
- School supplies
- Book assistance
- Special activities and luncheons
- Provide support both in and out the classroom
- Ensure academic success
- Provide support services that encourage active participation in college life
- Career development skills for post-graduation success
The Guardian Scholars Program is seeking applications who meet the following criteria:
- Former foster youth age 17+ (or who are legally emancipated, if still a minor)
- Must be currently or have been a ward of the court foster youth
Requirements to Maintain Eligibility
To remain eligible for the program, the recipient must:
- Maintain an overall 2.0 GPA or higher to receive the book loan
- Maintain continuous enrollment
- Fully participate in all aspects of the program (meetings, events, etc.)
- Be receptive to staff monitoring academic performance and college records
- Abide by all college standards for appropriate conduct and community behavior
Submit a complete application package including:
- Guardian Scholar intake documents
- Copy of Ward of the Court documentation or a completed copy of the Dependency Override form
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
For additional information, please contact Rosemary Touyanou, Guardian Scholars Coordinator at email@example.com Tel: 714-628-4709 or visit the office in A-212.