Summer 2020 Phone Hours
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am- 5:00 pm
Are you concerned or worried about your health during the COVID-19 crisis?
You have help.
**Please note our office is closed to in-person contact until further notice. In addition, SCC is NOT a COVID-19 testing site.**
Today's the day to work toward becoming the healthiest you …and SCC can help!
If you are currently enrolled in SCC and have paid the mandatory health fee, you still have access to free and low-cost health and wellness care to help you get healthy and stay healthy – from head to toe. While we are in a remote environment, there are still services available for you! Just call (714) 628-4773 and leave a voice mail with your name and phone number to make a confidential appointment. If your call is made during business hours, we will call you back as soon as possible with available appointment times to answer your questions.
We Make It Easy for You to Focus on You
- You don't need insurance to use SCC's Health and Wellness Services and most services are free!
- We do not bill you or your insurance company. This means everything will stay extra confidential.
- Your medical information is kept private and confidential.
- You've already paid your mandatory health fee, so why not take advantage of our services?
- Family PACT prescriptions for birth control are available via telehealth
- If you need additional care or support like urgent care or a specialist, we can refer you to a low-cost, or local community provider.
Our Student Health Services
We offer a wide range of services even in this remote environment, from telemedicine to telepsychology to smoking cessation, and much more.
During summer session we have our college doctor, along with registered nurses and clinical psychologists available. And, if there is something we can't assist you with, we can refer you to local, low-cost providers who can.
We offer telemedicine services with the college doctor on Tuesdays. Call (714) 628-4773 to make an appointment. Our telemedicine services include:
- If you have questions about a possible infection and need treatment
- Interested in Family PACT enrollment for birth control? We can enroll you over the phone.
- As a Family PACT enrollee, you can get the morning-after pill (Plan B Emergency Contraception) at your local pharmacy with your Family PACT card at the pharmacy counter at no cost.
- Screening mammography referrals
- Confidential referrals to local low-cost providers
- Allergy & asthma consultations
- Birth control advice & prescriptions
- Cold & flu consultations
- Eye care advice
- General health questions
- Nutrition advice
- Skin care/dermatology care consultations
- Smoking cessation assistance
- And more...
Nurses are available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Tests and Immunizations
During physical distancing, we aren't able to complete lab testing but we can provide you with the following:
- Confidential referrals to low-cost providers who are in the local community.
· Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment via telephone ($15.00 fee)
Your Emotional Fitness – It's a No Brainer
We recognize the added stresses of the changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic and that it can heighten issues already there. We understand and we want to help.
SCC's therapists are available by live video-conferencing or by telephone to help you adjust to college life, cope with personal challenges, and gain self-awareness through the appropriate services to meet your needs:
- Personal counseling
- Short-term therapy
- Extensive referral services
Telepsychology and the appropriate services can assist you with such life issues as:
- Academic pressures
- Anxiety or worries
- Cultural adjustment
- COVID concerns, fears, adjustment
- Death or loss
- Depression or despair
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family and/or romantic/interpersonal relationships
- Identity issues
- Isolation and loneliness
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Substance abuse
- Suicide prevention
Call (714) 628-4773 to make a telepsychology appointment today
24/7 Crisis Resources
- If you are in crisis and need immediate support and/or are having serious thoughts of hurting yourself or others, please call 911 or the OC Crisis Assessment Team at (866) 830-6011
- OC Crisis Phone Line: (877) 7-CRISIS or (877) 727-4747
- Crisis Text Line: Text “COURAGE" to 741741
During COVID-19 – Telehealth Services
*Psychological Services/Personal Counseling Appointments with a psychologist must be made by calling SCC's Student Health & Wellness Services at (714) 628-4773 and leaving a message with your name and phone number.
Want to quit smoking? We can definitely help you!
Smoking Cessation Services
We can help you take charge of your nicotine or tobacco use. Smokers who receive our assistance are twice as likely to quit successfully. We will help you quit in a safe way that works best for you and your life.
SCC's Smoking Cessation program includes:
- One-on-one tele-health counseling with a Cessation Counselor or Health Educator
- Health information about smoking and the benefits of stopping
- A smoking cessation plan to fit your personal needs
- Strategies for behavior modification and to control your cravings
- Prescriptions for medication to help you quit smoking
- Call (714) 628-4776 for an appointment and leave your name and call-back number
Santiago Canyon College Health and Wellness Center
Building T-102 Health Services (entrance is under the big blue awning)*
8045 E. Chapman Avenue, Orange, CA 92869
Office: Building T, Room 102
Phone: (714) 628-4773
SCC Student Health is NOT a testing site for COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about testing, please call
Orange County health Care Agency at 714-834-8180
County of Orange
Medical Questions About COVID-19
Health Referral Line
Daily From 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
Public Information Hotline
Daily from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.